Thursday, April 5, 2007

Change the colour of your day

When I was a kid there was a commercial on TV for a very yummy chocolate covered bar of honeycomb that just melted in your mouth. The commercial started off in black and white, grey and drab, but when the hip young things in seriously bad 80s outfits, with dubious dance moves and even worse hairstyles bit into the chocolate bar, everything turned bright and colourful, life was good…"change the color of your day" was the catchy jingle they sang. When Kenji’s little folk (pictured above, and about 5cm tall) came out of the kiln, this commercial from the eighties started playing in my head (a little worrying) and I was overcome by an incredible urge to change the colour of THEIR day. Kenji was very obliging so I whisked them away, pulled out my pile of decal scraps and dressed em up! They now sit next to my computer, and freak me out a little bit. They just seem totally confused in a blank robotic kind of way. We have a few adventures planned for them however...so stay tuned!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are lucky Kenji is a good sport! they look great. I love the man the most, there is something in the tilt of his hips that is just so spot on. Was the ad for Violet Crumble? I have blocked out most of the 80's from memory or maybe it was all the hairspray? :-)

Mel Robson said...

yeah, the man is my favourite too. I'm loving his pants. And no...not violet crumble...anyone?

Anonymous said...

Mars Bar? hey, have you seen these http://www.luxeville.co.uk/store/product/77
preeetyyy and how close were my size quesses? I AM a legend!

Shannon Garson said...

Crunchie?

Mel Robson said...

Shannon, you are a true child of the 80s!

Florence Forrest said...

adventures? yes, I'll be staying tuned!

xx