Saturday, January 13, 2007

Some recent work

I went on a bit of a making bender just before christmas to get out these new pieces. They are small porcelain wall boxes - hollow boxes with a small hole in the back that slip over a nail, hook or screw. They work like little canvases on the wall. They went down a treat and I'm going to be making new ranges of them regularly. The images used on the pieces above are a handrawn image of mine, my mothers pumpkin scone recipe and the sheet music of "oh suzannah" (oh don't you cry for me...for I've gone to Alabama with a banjo on my knee....)! I've never really been one for using much colour in my work, but there is a shift occurring. Colour is calling me....

8 comments:

simone said...

Oh my!!......... beautiful... what can i say.. you are truly talented, you rock smellanie robson
xoxoxo

Amanda said...

Oh these are just gorgeous! Can't wait to see them in the flesh...soon!

sarah said...

i feel so lucky to have one of these pieces, your work is beautiful mel...

Mel Robson said...

thanks all of you!! shucks!!

Anonymous said...

These are gorgeous Mel!!! Can't wait to see them. Are you stocking them anywhere in BrisVegas?

S

Mel Robson said...

Hay Simone. Thanks! In Brisvegas you can find these at the QLD Art Gallery. I'll be dropping some more in to them in a week or so.

Anonymous said...

Such beautiful work! I would love to see much much more...

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

Eeek, gorgeousness overload. I think I am going to have to go lie down now...