Friday, July 13, 2007

Hello Dolly

I am thinking of doing a regular update of Dolly, the mannequin from our local charity shop. I know it has very little to do with ceramics, but funny little things like this inspire me, and just give me a good laugh! And I think that's really important! The manager is very excited about the prospect of having his weekly efforts documented, and is putting in a whole lot of effort, as is evidenced by this latest get up! I have never seen a blanket look quite so elegant! And that headpiece...

And seeing as today is Friday the 13th, Dolly has taken a little walk over to the dark side....

Darth Vader Dolly! The headset even has a little electric box attached to it that booms out Darth's voice! I'm thinking of buying it. One can never have too many outfits in the dress-up box. And it's all for a good cause...

5 comments:

simone said...

am loving Dolly's get ups. Think i will have to come over and shop in there!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that idea!

Ursula Achten said...

Wow! I've been already waiting for the Dolly-update!!!
That's what happens, if a creative person (the manager)gets stuck in the wrong place....or perhaps it isn't the wrong place....
So funny!!
And the Darth Vader mask is surely usefull during work!!!

AMCSviatko said...

You could even do an exhibition similar to the one that Yard Sale Addict did: http://yardsaleaddict.blogspot.com/2007/06/visions-fron-yard-sale-addict-nashville.html

Erica said...

the leather and fur just sets off the DV outfit - sort of Darth Vader meets the Wookie...