Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Introducing Dolly

Every morning we wander down to our local coffee shop for a kickstart coffee before heading off (well, home, in my case) to our respective jobs. Next door to the coffee shop is the Life Line charity store, and the manager takes great pride in his weekly window displays. They have become somewhat of a local attraction and Dolly, the mannequin, is a bit of local celebrity. We look forward to the weekly changes with such anticipation! Last week the manager was looking particularly happy with himself when we arrived for our morning coffee. I glanced next door and immediately understood why. He had really outdone himself with this little get up!


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL...that is brilliant. It looks great and tacky at the same time. Maybe you should do weekly posting of Dolly.

Mel Robson said...

Hi feli...I just got back from a little lunch time browse through the store and had that very conversation with the manager! Wait till you see the new one he did today! I forgot to take my camera but will post it soon! I've never seen a bedspread look quite so...elegant!!

Anonymous said...

She's georgeous Scottish lass Mel, I hope she doesn't develop 'body issues'.

Cusp said...

Oh I love a thrift/charity shop and a good old 'rummage'.

Is that a hat or a lampshade that Dolly is wearing ? Tres chic, anyway

Mel Robson said...

Its a handbag actually!

Erica said...

that's so funny, can't wait to see Dolly's next outfit
..
really enjoying your pottery too

Cusp said...

So it is ---- a handbag ! Very Lady Bracknell ! I 'read' it as one of those big flowery 60s hats with a sort of Couregge visor-thing. Silly me