Friday, July 6, 2007

Love a list

I’m a chronic list writer. Every morning I start my day by writing a list. Unfinished things from the previous day get moved to the new list each morning. I’m one of those people. There is nothing more satisfying to me than scrawling big lines through items on my list (hanging out with me is always a lot of fun), and today is one of those special days when I get to scrawl a few of those nice big lines. Public art install finally finished yesterday (I sank into a relief and exhaustion induced coma about 4pm yesterday afternoon, not to stir until 7am this morning), a big box of work sent off to a beautiful shop in the USA called FINCH, and some (very late) orders and commissions posted off.

The down side is that as a result of this recent frenzy of activity my house and my studio look like they’ve been hit by a bomb - bubble wrap, boxes, stray pieces of work strewn everywhere. In the midst of the mayhem of the last few weeks I also decided it would be a good time to start sanding back my bedroom floor....which happens to be above my studio. Mmmmm. I really thought that one through...nice veil of sawdust… slipped down through the cracks… covering my entire studio….I'm just full of good ideas! So today is all about spring cleaning. It’s a daunting thought, but I know the satisfaction of having things “organised” again will be soooooo worth it....

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Im a list lover & maker too. And I love hanging clothes on the line.

Mel Robson said...

hmmmm...I can do without that. I have a bad habit of just hanging things OVER the line...peg free zone my clothes line is...although this isn't working out too well of late as we seem to be experiencing cyclonic winds here in Brisvegas...my whole back yard has become my clothesline...strewn...