Wednesday, December 6, 2006

APT 5


Well put your seatbelts on kids cause he we go! Brisvegas is humming at the moment with the opening of the Asia Pacific Triennial and the new Gallery of Modern Art (GOMA) over the weekend. And what a shindig it was! Very zshoozy indeed – I even ditched the sneakers and clay-covered overalls for this one! Apart from the fact that in order to attend I had to pretend to be someone else (thanks to all those who assisted by calling me Donna for the evening), it was a fantastic night with lots of great music (Talvin Singh and local greats Neighbourhood Groove Collective) and lots of great art – although a bit tricky to get a good look at it all through the thronging crowd of 4000 people! The new building is rather spiffy and I am a bit beside myself at the prospect of a jam packed few months of artist talks, performances, films and other good stuff! Yippee!!

No comments: