Thursday, December 7, 2006

The Shed


I work in a lovely lovely studio in the grounds of a fantastic building that used to be a museum. I share the space with 2 other ceramic artists (more on them shortly). Apparently the shed we work in used to be a loading dock for goods on the railway line. The trains would stop alongside the shed and offload their freight through these big tall yellow wooden doors.

The museum building itself is pretty amazing. I have vague recollections of going there with my dad when I was a child. The rooms are just cavernous... huge big spaces that always make me feel like ballroom dancing whenever I pass them! The whole building feels like it is full of stories and ghosts and secrets. We're pretty lucky to be able to work here. A quiet, leafy little place right in the middle of the city.


No comments: